Welcome to St. George Greek Orthodox Church
The Divine Liturgy
We extend a warm welcome to visitors worshiping with us today.
We would like to remind you that Holy Communion is reserved for
those who have been baptized or confirmed and married in the
Orthodox Church, and who have prepared themselves to receive
the Eucharist. All visitors are welcome to receive the blessed
bread at the end of the Divine Liturgy.
Directory of Orthodox Christian Mental Health Providers
Schedule of Events for April 2021
- Friday, April 2 - Salutation to the Theotokos, 7:00 pm
- Sunday, April 4 – Veneration of the Holy Cross, Orthros 9:30 am, Divine Liturgy 10:30 am.
- Monday, April 5 – No Bible Study.
- Wednesday, April 7 – Presanctified Divine Liturgy, 6:00 pm. Philoptochos meeting afterwards.
- Friday, April 9- Salutation to the Theotokos, 7:00 pm
- Sunday, April 11 – St. John of the Ladder, Orthros 9:30 am, Divine Liturgy 10:30 am. Parish Council meeting after church.
- Monday, April 12 – No Bible Study.
- Wednesday, April 14 – Presanctified Divine Liturgy, 7:00 pm.
- Friday, April 16 - Salutation to the Theotokos, 7:00 pm
- Sunday, April 18 – St. Mary of Egypt, Orthros 9:30 am, Divine Liturgy 10:30 am. Special Parish Assembly 12:30 pm
- Monday, April 19 – Online Bible Study from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm. Call, text or email Fr. Anton to register.
- Wednesday, April 21 – Presanctified Divine Liturgy, 7:00 pm.
- Thursday, April 22 – Vespers and Artoklasia for St. George Feast Day, 6:00 pm
- Friday, April 23 – Orthros 9:00 am, Divine Liturgy 10:00am
- Saturday, April 24 - Saturday of Lazarus, Memorial Service, 10:30 am. General Cleaning of the church.
- Sunday, April 25 – Palm Sunday – Blessing of the Palms, Orthros 9:30 am, Divine Liturgy 10:30 am. Bridegroom Matins will begin at 7:00 pm.
- Monday, April 26 - Bridegroom Matins will begin at 7:00 pm.
- Tuesday, April 27 – Bridegroom Matins will begin at 7:00 pm.
- Wednesday, April 28 – Matins at 6:00 pm, Holy Unction service at 7:00 pm.
- Thursday, April 29 – Liturgy of St. Basil, will begin at 9:00 am. Service of the 12 Gospels (Holy Passion) 7:00 pm.
- Friday, April 30
*Decorating of the Kouvouklion (Tomb for Epitaphio) coordinated by Maria Mellonas from 10:00 am.
**Great Vespers of Apokathelosis (lowering of Christ from the cross) – 12:00 pm. Fr. Anton will conduct a lesson for children from 1:00 pm.
***Service of Lamentations – 7:00 pm.
- Saturday, May 1
*Liturgy of St. Basil, at 10:00 am followed by General cleaning of the church and preparation for Pascha service.
**Vigil will begin at 11:15 pm.
***Holy Resurrection Service and the Pascha Divine Liturgy of Saint John Chrysostom at midnight.
"Welcome one another, therefore, just as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God." - Romans 15:7
Through this web site, we are pleased to be able to introduce you to that same worship and fellowship as it is expressed in the life of our Parish. If you are a new member of our parish, or are considering membership, these web pages will acquaint you with what our parish offers to those who give it support and sustenance; to those who already belong to the church, we hope they will provide you with the assurance that your sacrificial offerings are received with profound respect, and are utilized to maximum effectiveness. They will, in any case, enable you to make the informed decisions that are necessary for a meaningful relationship with your church!
For information on our Lenten and Holy Week services please contact the Church office at (336) 889-9020 between the hours of 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
5th Friday of Lent
Saints and Feasts Commemorated
Visit the Online Chapel for more daily readings, hymns, a monthly calendar of saints and feasts, and more.